5 DAY FULLY INCLUSIVE TOUR
MONDAY 16TH MARCH TO FRIDAY 20TH MARCH, 2020
So, you think you’re a bargain hunter? Smell a good deal a mile away?
We’ve put together a fun tour visiting op shops, second hand stores and pickers markets – some small, some large, some holes in the wall! Throw in some Silo art and you have a tour with a difference – an Op Shop Silo Hop!
Queenscliff, Ocean Grove, Geelong, Geelong Vintage Market, Torquay, Red Cross Thrift Shop, Ballarat, Vinnies the Salvos Ballarat Hospice Care and Red Cross Op Shops, Beaufort Second hand and Charity Op Shops, Ararat, Save the Children Op Shop, Stawell, Murtoa, Stick Shed, Rupanyup Silo, Sheep Hills Silo, Warracknabeal, Brim Silo, Rosebery Silo, Lake Bolac, The Treasure Hunters Hall, Hamilton, Red Cross and Vinnie’s Op Shops, Grampians National Park, Halls Gap, Daylesford and The Amazing Mill Market.
Sorrento to Queenscliff
MULTIPLE NIGHT STAYS
4 nights in Stawell
Twin Share Room: $1,995 pp
Twin Share Repeat Traveller 2 - 10 Tours: $1,970 pp
Twin Share Repeat Traveller 11 - 20 Tours: $1,945 pp
Twin Share Repeat Traveller 21+ Tours: $1,920 pp
Single Room Supplement: $260 pp
Deposit: $200 per person upon booking
O’Shannessy’s Quality Tours will match single travellers who wish to twin share with another single traveller of the same gender. However, if this is not possible, you shall be provided with single accommodation at the twin share fare (no additional cost).
All prices are from Melbourne. Please contact our office for a price from your capital city.
Therefore O’Shannessy’s Quality Tours reserves the right if necessary to make last minute changes to Op Shops indicated in the itinerary to be visited.
- Complimentary chauffeur driven transfers. Pick up from and return to your home from Greater Melbourne, Bendigo, Torquay, Ballarat, Geelong, the Bellarine and Mornington Peninsulas, selected areas of Gippsland and Phillip Island.
- O’Shannessy’s Quality Tours Touring Coach. Travel by O’Shannessy’s Quality Tours Luxury Touring Coach. Features include comfortable reclining seats with ample leg room, arm and foot rests, seat belts, large panoramic windows with blinds, overhead parcel shelf, onboard rest room, Road Cam TV Screens which display the view ahead in real time, a kneeling (coach lowering) device, a second door for ease of entry and disembarkation and full air suspension for a smooth and quiet ride.
- Tour Director. Dedicated O’Shannessy’s Quality Tours tour director and coach captain on board to ensure your travel experience is memorable.
- Best Available Quality Accommodation. Ensuite motel accommodation each night.
- Attractions. All tours and interest venues as per itinerary.
- All Meals. Full cooked breakfasts, morning tea lunches and two course restaurant dinners daily.
Welcome aboard! After our morning pickup, we join our O’Shannessy’s Quality Tours crew and luxury coach and board the ferry to Queenscliff. Dotted across the Bellarine Peninsula is a collection of Op Shops and we’ll visit shops in Ocean Grove on our way to Geelong. We’ll have lunch here before calling in to the Geelong Vintage Market,
a picker’s delight with 4000 square meters of collectable, recycled and vintage items. From here we’ll continue on to our overnight stop in delightful Torquay.
OVERNIGHT: Peppers Sands Resort, TORQUAY
After breakfast we’ll pop into the Red Cross Thrift Shop in Torquay before continuing to Ballarat, and take in some of the sights of this historic gold mining city with its outstanding heritage architecture. We’ll have some time here to dive into the op shops located in and around Bridge Mall – Vinnies, the Salvos, Ballarat Hospice Care and Red Cross all have op shops located here! There are also plenty of spots to have lunch before joining the coach and continuing on our way to Stawell via Beaufort and Ararat for a poke through some of their second hand and charity op shops. Later we check into our motel, our base for the next three nights.
Lunch at own expense and arrangement
OVERNIGHT: Magdala Motor Lodge, STAWELL
First stop this morning is Murtoa, the site of Victoria’s largest inland grain storage facility and the famous Stick Shed - Australia’s last remaining example of the emergency grain storages built during the Second World War. We’re then off for a taste of Australia’s largest outdoor gallery, the Silo Art Trail, a collection of large-scale mural portraits painted onto grain silos. Our first silo in Rupanyup was painted by Russian street artist Julia Volchkova and celebrates the people of the region by featuring two local residents, both members of the Rupanyup Football and Netball Club. We then travel to the Sheep Hills Silo painted by Melbourne-based artist Adnate. The indigenous-themed mural represents the passing of knowledge from generation to generation. We travel through Warracknabeal for lunch before continuing on to Brim. The Brim Silo, painted by Guido van Helten, depicts an anonymous, multi-generational quartet of female and male farmers. It was this Silo that created a movement in the region and inspired the establishment of the trail. The final silo we look at today in Rosebery represents the regions past, present and future. The artist Kaff-eine travelled to neighbouring towns, discovering the natural environment and acquainting herself with local business owners, families, farmers and children to come up with the concept. We make our way back to Stawell through Rainbow, Jeparit and Dimboola.
OVERNIGHT: Magdala Motor Lodge, STAWELL
Today, we continue to discover some more of the region’s op shops. First stop is Lake Bolac famous for the 1,460 hectare freshwater lake, popular for water sports. Here we visit The Treasure Hunters Hall, full of pre-loved treasures to browse. We then continue on to Hamilton in the heart of Victoria’s Western District to visit the Red Cross and Vinnies Op Shops. After lunch we make our way north via the spectacular Grampians National Park to Halls Gap where we break for afternoon tea and to stretch our legs. We then return to our accommodation in Stawell in time to freshen up before dinner.
OVERNIGHT: Magdala Motor Lodge, STAWELL
After breakfast this morning we’ll make the most of our last day. We head to Daylesford, a former goldmining town, located in the foothills of the Great Dividing Range. The broader area around the town, including Hepburn Springs to the north, is renowned for its natural spring mineral spas. After lunch, we visit The Amazing Mill Market featuring vintage furniture, collectables, antiques, memorabilia, home decor, fine china, art, glass, coins, jewellery, books and records to name a few things. We then make our way home and as always our chauffeurs will be waiting to take us home to our very doors, stacked with goodies and memories of good times!
“... The silo art trail is a ground-breaking project and an example of how creativity can revitalise a region and shape a new future for a community…”
Minister for Creative Industries Martin Foley
- Any special passenger requirements must be notified to O’Shannessy’s Quality Tours upon booking.
- No passenger will be permitted to embark on or continue the tour while their physical or mental condition is, in the opinion of any representative of O’Shannessy’s Quality Tours, such as to render them incapable of caring for themselves, or whereby they become objectionable to other passengers, or they become a hazard to themselves or other passengers. Whilst on tour with O’Shannessy’s Quality Tours should a passenger require medical attention, discharge papers must be provided to a representative of O’Shannessy’s Quality Tours before you are able to re-join the tour.
- O’Shannessy’s Quality Tours will not be responsible for expenses resulting in such persons being precluded from completing the tour for any such reason. No refunds or transfers will be given on any unused portions of the itinerary.
- It is a requirement of O’Shannessy’s Quality Tours that each passenger is able to negotiate coach steps without the aid of the coach crew or other passengers.
- Any passenger who requires assistance for any of the above is required to travel with a companion capable of providing all necessary assistance.
- Passengers who are smokers, have a CPAP machine or snore, unless travelling with a companion, will be required to pay the single supplement premium for the sole use of a room.
- Items of a personal nature such as medical expenses, mini bar, beverages, laundry service, room service, internet usage, telephone calls, and any optional extras are not included in your tour price.
- All passengers are required to co-operate with the seat rotation program determined by O’Shannessy’s Quality Tours tour directors.
- O’Shannessy’s Quality Tours reserves the right to vary any accommodation, price or other features of the tour at any time at their own discretion.
Receipt of payment of funds will be taken as acceptance of O’Shannessy’s Quality Tours conditions of travel for this tour. Prices include GST and all taxes.
Balance due on invoice approx 30 days prior to departure.
Deposit is fully refundable until 31 days prior to departure date.
Cancellation 30 to 15 days before tour departure date 75% Refund of Tour Cost.
Cancellation 14 to 8 days before tour departure date 50% Refund of Tour Cost.
Cancellation 7 to 1 days before tour departure date 25% Refund of Tour Cost.
Cancellation on or after tour departure date, No Refund.
Travel Insurance is not compulsory, however is highly recommended and available from our office.
Contact us on 1800 354 352 to arrange a quote for you.
Clipboard (Not shown on live site)
O'Shannessy's Quality Tours
We look forward to hearing from you!
O’Shannessy’s Quality Tours are famous for unparalleled levels of customer service, and that is why our customers come back time after time – we promise to strive to give you the highest level of comfort at all times. Travel by our own state of the art luxury coach.
They are equipped comfortable reclining seats with ample leg room, arm and foot rests, seat belts, large panoramic windows with blinds, overhead parcel shelf, onboard rest room, Road Cam TV Screens which display the view ahead in real time, a kneeling (coach lowering) device, a second door for ease of entry and disembarkation and full air suspension for a smooth and quiet ride.
2121 Point Nepean Rd Rye, Victoria
All Rights Reserved.